Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Counting Days

The day I join the army seems like far yet close future. Not sure if that made sense. I wonder if there will be anything that will change my plans for the army. Alas if nothing changes, then it's goodbye to everybody for 25 years, maybe longer. If I do happen to do my math right, I won't be getting out of the army until I am 45.
I wonder what will happen to everyone while I am gone? The things I will miss... Wedding's of friends? Seeing my friends' children? The funerals? So I suppose when I finally get out, I will find each one of friends. Give their children gifts, and place flowers on their graves. I will always remember my friends, but will they forget me? Will they make jokes about me, when they see a ninja movie? Will they remember me when they see another Asian boy with glasses? What if I die in the war? Will they place flowers on my memorial? As my fellow comrades hail the 21 Guns salute? Will they scatter my ashes?

No comments: