Friday, April 17, 2009

Weight of a Soldier's Blood.

Sharp pains rip through my body.

My ears are ringing.

My comrades.... Their screams of agony.... I can no longer hear.

My vision.... Everything is turning red.


Everything is so.... Cold
I can see my entire life passing before my eyes.

The light....

It's so warm.

The sound of a child's laughter....

My love and daughter... I can see them now.

Beckoning me to come

The soldier reaches for the light and his loved ones....

His strength gives and can no longer raise his hand.

And with the last of his breath he whispers....

Jessica..... Madison.....

I am comming home.........

The young soldier's hearts slowly stops beatings. One minuscule pulse at a time.

The young man's body lies in the battle field.

Eyes open gazing into the dark sky....

No comments: