Wednesday, February 9, 2011

What Happened to Our Vows?

I never thought it would happen. Especially the way it did.
Then again, it was foolish of me to think like that.
I always said I was naive and it turned out I was right after all.
But why did it end this way?
What happened until death do us part?
What happened to the Love that will surpass even death...?
What happened to my light?
The light that would have guided me out of the dark?
I even gave you what was precious to me.
I gave you.... Never mind.
Truth is, I made sacrifices for you, and alas you did so much too.
You gave up our unborn child, but for what?
You said you were holding me back from happiness, but every moment I spent with you...
I was free, I had my wings, I swear I could fly.
In the real world, no other girl would have given me a second glance.
Because of my looks. It hurts.
Not allowing me a chance to love or to be loved.
But you...
You gave me something I never was given.
That chance to love. That chance to be loved.
I had so much to give; it burdened me.
Then when you came and took the weight off my body...
Now I feel as if you took too much and crashed...
I blame myself...
Forgive me, My... It can't be said.
My heart weighs heavy for you.
Now I wonder, was it because of the look that I donned to hide my true skin?
Was the only reason you chose to give into me was because of the shell?
I want to let you go.... But I can't.
I slept with tears that night.
No more, "Kisses and Embraces <3" or, "See You Soon."
Just, "Take care.... and sweet dreams."

1 comment:

Isianya said...

As always, beautiful. I didn't know the speaker was male until the line about giving up the unborn child. Very nicely done.

I love reading your things. Never stop sharing your light with others. "A candle doesn't lose its flame by lighting another candle." And while those who you chose to share your light with may extinguish their own, they will never be able to take away from yours.