Saturday, November 29, 2008

There Are No White Chocolate Kisses...

As I stand at the cash register, I stop and think of you. The next customer walks up to counter, and out of 2nd nature I ask, "How can I help you?" As the customer starts naming off several of the item she wanted, I thought about what you liked to do.... Hug.... I thought of the times I held you tightly and the time my girl friends tell me they don't like tight hugs. Only gentle, soft and distant hugs.... My heart sank. I knew my heart was set for you but you did not know. I wanted you to say, "I love you!" once more. Even though you said that to everyone. You only ment it as a friendly manner. I remember watching hug all your boy friends. I understood what your hugs ment by your face, the duration, the tension you had in your body. So I understood how you felt of them whenever you hugged them.

Last time I hugged you. I knew how you felt about me. I felt alone and cold. But why you even wanted my hug that time, I didn't know. Sometimes I wish I never told you, that I had feelings for you. Ultimately I knew your feelings for me changed.

In our embrace, I felt a slight push, uneasiness, like an I-wish-you-weren't-here-so-I-didn't-have-to-hug-you, kind of hug. In that moment I wished knew how to be one of your best friends. As I put more thought into it.... I started to wish that you never got close to me and I never harbored any feelings for you.... Alas it was too late.
My eyes welled up with tears.... I suddenly caught my-self thinking too much.
I quickly my realize my customer finished naming off her list.... All I heard was white chocolate kisses and damn....

That wasn't even on the menu....

So I said, "Ma'am, there are no white chocolate kisses."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

:[ cheer up, good fellow.

Aaron said...

i kinda liked it =]

trying out that truthful thing?

i know what you mean.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the comment!