Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Truth that Hurts the Soul

So recently, I had been thinking a lot usually about the past, and how so much has changed in as little as in the past 2 years. It's kind of sad to lose touch with so many you thought would be with you forever, as friends, if not more. It’s funny how peoples thought of you change through just a simple gestures, response to a chain message, attitude of the response, and eye contact. Don't they consider that the person they are talking to or person you are trying to talk to is having a bad day? Seems to me like many friendships are made and destroyed by these simple gestures. In a way it makes me wish, I could take back a response I made to a friend. I think I was bitter, so my emotions got to me. So maybe I offended her. Then again she probably didn't even get the message I was trying to get through at the time. In a way I wish I could re-establish contact with my friend again. Ironic thing is, I had another friend delete her number from my phone. I just didn't want to be the one to sever the form of communication; we used the most to keep in touch. However I do remember, that I asked her to keep and contact. Maybe she never saved my number in the 1st place. Oh how Irony can be a bitch. Whenever we were still in school together, we used to walk together to our 5th our class. On her last day of school, I asked to stay in contact with me, since she was graduating that year. She responded with, "Oh, but I am such so anti-social." And she walked to her next class.... I didn't understand why she would say that, because she had so many friends, and always greeted everyone with a cheery face. It was recent to find out what she really meant.
Maybe I was just scaring her, I was probably a freak. Maybe I was too clingy, even though we never had that close of a relationship. To me being with her was all that mattered. Funny how I thought telling her the truth would make everything okay. Indeed the truth does set you free, but they forgot to mention that it can hurt you too.

No comments: