Thursday, September 18, 2008

Journey in Wisdom

Written on Monday, March 10, 2008.

I sat in the commons of my high school.
It was the second period of lunch, so I decided I must evaluate
As my shut my eyes, I dive deeper into darkness.
A gentle breeze picked me up from the descent, and carries me back to my sanctuary.
Back to the forest.
I dwelled deep in thought with only these words:
"There is no pit so, that God is not deepest, still."
I am woken from my peace by the choas of the room.
I say to my self, " I must stop speaking what not needs to be said."
I continue my meditation.
Yet again I am disturbed.
I wonder,
"You have the audacity to disturb me?"
Lunch period is over in an instant.
I walk with my good friends to my 5th hour class.
As I sit in my desk, my mind chants to me,
"Evaluation. Evaluation. Evaluation. Resolution."
The rest of the day, I can only think of discipline.
"I must condition my body and mind, if I am to enchance the soul.
If I am to change the world, then I first must change."
Then my corrupted mind attempts to trick me,
"Look at the world around you! There is no need to do all that. There is no need to be a warrior for God. Common wake up! Stop this foolish dreaming!"
I say to my mind,
"The only fool here, is you. You follow the world, you are afraid of all those around you might think. You lust for attention and what does it get you? Only despair. Look pass the surface and look for what really matters."
My mind becomes silent.
Now I dwell in my sanctuary.
Heavy with thought.
High in hopes.
Only grounded by this mortal mind and body.

No comments: